My dad, sister and I have had years of battling with my mom over the stuff she hoards in the garage. If you need a treadmill, non-functioning keyboard, halloween costumes for any age group, old silverware, paint in ANY shade of the color spectrum, it is in my mom's garage. It's a treasure trove of memories, junk, and admittedly useful items that I've taken to fill up our empty apartment.
Yesterday, I came across a box of frames I had on the wall of my room in college. They were all black, in attempt to keep some aesthetic to an entire wall full of pictures. After sitting in my mom's garage for a few years, they'd gathered a thick coat of dust; I cleaned them all off, and I can recall the specific circumstances of each of those captured moments.
We are just about two weeks from getting married now, and in this crunch time, I will confess that I'm at the height of emotion, most things bring me to tears, but the pictures reminded me how full my life has been/is. Not of things, wealth, or huge success', but full of people who have loved me for the majority of my years. Pictures of me laughing with my sister back when she dyed her hair different colors every week; my best friends Terri, Shan and Brit, from a trip to Italy, noses bright pink whilst experiencing coldest day of our lives; different images with my college roomates, who have undoubtedly been the most sincere friends I've ever known; Hugh and I five plus years ago... we were a little sad to see that yes, we are aging, but the carefree expressions are the same in our most recent pictures too. He has consistently made me so happy. These pictures reminded me how wonderful it is to be surrounded by people that are easy to be around. I just love these people SO much, and the greatest part is that each of them are an active part of my life to this day.
Speaking of being filled with goodness, I bring you mini calzones. Something that may look a little standard from the outside, but has warm fall flavors inside. Just little pockets of simple loveliness, like a box of old, dusty pictures.
APPLE + SMOKED MOZARELLA MINI CALZONES // Makes 12
I have included a link to the whole wheat dough I like, but you can buy one from a local pizza place or at some grocery stores to save yourself time.
1 Whole Wheat Pizza Crust (see recipe here)
1 Yellow Onion, sliced thin
1/2 tbsp. Butter
1 Medium Apple (Honeycrisp, Fuji or anything crispy)
1 Cup Diced Smoked Mozarella Cheese
1 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Handful of Fresh Thyme
Handful of Fresh Chives
Extra Virgin Olive Oil for brushing
Dijon Mustard to Serve
Heat oven to 500'
1. Make the pizza dough according to recipe link, or if using a premade crust, let it come to room temperature.
2. In the meantime, warm the butter over medium heat in a saucepan and add the thinly sliced onion. Continue to move them every so often until they begin to caramelize, this whole process takes about 20 minutes give or take.
3. Seed and cut the apple into a rough dice. Pull of the thyme leaves, and give the thyme and chives and nice chop. Get all your fillings in order for easy stuffing.
4. Roll out the dough into a shape resembling a rectangle. You want the dough thin, but not too gentle that it will rip when you stuff and fold. Use a sharp knife to cut across, making about 3x3 inch squares. Lay them on a floured baking sheet in lines, see picture.
5. Pile your toppings in the middle of the square. I did the order of onions, apples, both cheeses, herbs and a twist of black pepper... but I don't believe it makes any difference. Gently fold one corner across to the corner opposite, and gently press and fold the open edges. Repeat with all 12 or however many you end up with.
6. Brush the top of each mini calzone with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake in the upper third of the oven for about 14 minutes until tops are crispy brown. Let them rest just a minute before eating, serve with a little dipping dish of dijon mustard.
References allow you to track sources for this article, as well as articles that were written in response to this article.
Response: 雪纺连衣裙thanks for sharing.
Response: www.capetowndermatologists.co.zaHello!generic cialis , ha ha ha , ha ha ha , clomid , ha ha ha side effects ,
Response: ZeHKUDOsAPPLE & SMOKED MOZARELLA MINI CALZONES - SPROUTED KITCHEN - A Tastier Take on Whole Foods
Response: cheap louis vuittonAPPLE & SMOKED MOZARELLA MINI CALZONES - SPROUTED KITCHEN - A Tastier Take on Whole Foods
Response: Paul Hornung JerseyRemarkable Nfl Jerseys - Cheapest Price tag On Line
Response: Cheap Jets JerseysNFL is really a single of the biggest sports in America. It has a major following.
Response: Ugg Sheepskin Cuff 1875UGG Boots made pretty properly recognized for being the makers of high quality footwear
Response: Honey Birdettecheck out http://www.dealsextra.com.au/business/Honey-Birdette.php for Honey Birdette deals, Honey Birdette reviews
Response: backlinks indexedNeat Web page, Carry on the wonderful work. Thanks a ton.
Response: Jim McMahon JerseyFootball is truly 1 of the greatest sports in America. It has a big following.